Custom domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
Using a Custom Domain name with your clickbooq website involves a couple easy changes to your domain’s DNS records.
Note: In order to make these DNS changes, your domain must be set to use the default nameservers of your registrar. If you currently have website hosting through another provider and wish to keep it for your domain, stop this procedure, then contact your hosting provider to make the necessary A-record changes for your domain as reverting to the default nameservers will terminate any 3rd party hosting services for your domain once they are changed.
1. Log into your NameSecure.com account, then click the link for the domain you want to use for your clickbooq website:
2. Be sure that the domain you wish to edit is selected in the dropdown menu. Then click the "Zone File Control" tab to access your domain's DNS records for editing. Click the "edit zone file" button at the bottom of the panel to begin editing the DNS records for your domain:
3. The next view will show you the current DNS records for your domain:
3a. Begin by deleting the 'www' A-record if one exists.
3b. Next, in the A-records section change the IP address for the apex domain (without the 'www') to: 220.127.116.11 and click Update.
3c. Next, in the CNAME Records section enter 'www' for the Hostname, and sites.clickbooq.com for the Points-to value. Click the Add button to add the new record. If a 'www' CNAME record already exists, just change the points-to value to sites.clickbooq.com.
3d. When you are finished with editing the records, click the submit button to finalize your changes.
Note: When you return to the DNS overview page, your records will appear unchanged. This is normal. The overview records will eventually update in NameSecure's system as the changes are finalized.
4. Please allow 12-24 few hours for your new DNS changes to update throughout the Internet. Once DNS server caches have updated globally, your custom domain will resolve to our servers.
5. Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name without the 'http://', i.e. "www.yourdomain.com". Click the Update button when you are finished.
6. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.
Article is closed for comments.